Now often men meet women on the Internet. In social networks or on dating sites, even the most shy person can easily start a conversation, but from all the variety of women it is difficult to choose the only one with whom you can build a serious relationship. To stand out from the mass of other girls and attract attention, you need to ask an interesting question to a man for dating.
However, you should not send several questions at the same time in the hope that the gentleman himself will choose which one he likes best. Decide on an interesting topic and develop the conversation in that direction. This way you will look most natural.
Be sure to follow the reaction of the interlocutor to your questions. If the conversation bothers him, it’s best to change the subject. Avoid formulaic phrases and common truths, they can make you look like a boring and ordinary person. But you should not hit the other extreme and chase originality. All pretense immediately catches the eye.
In a conversation with an unfamiliar person, it is better to stick to banal topics that, on the one hand, cannot scare away and cause irritation, and on the other hand, help the man to open up, and you to get to know him better.
At the beginning of a telephone conversation, you need to make sure that now the person is comfortable talking. Then you can ask the man about his work, hobbies, plans for the evening or for the weekend, and, if the situation allows, offer to spend them together.
Try to have a rough plan of the conversation so that there are no long pauses. If in a personal conversation moments of silence are not so conspicuous or can be somehow veiled, then in a telephone conversation they will be too obvious.
If you managed to get a date invitation from a man, do not ask him such questions:
Questions for men when meeting online
If you can’t overcome natural shyness and start a casual conversation with a gentleman you met on the Internet, then just say hello and wait for a response.
The first messages should be:
- concise and easy to read.
- Avoid complex structures and rarely used words.
- write short and clear.
- ask, for example, does the guy go to the gym, or maybe you studied at the same institute?
To have an idea about the hobbies of a gentleman, study his pages on social networks. Then you can use the information received to keep the conversation going. As a rule, people are happy to publish photos from their travels. Ask the man which countries he has visited and where else he wants to visit.
If you see a car in the photos, ask if it is easy to maintain and how safe it is. Interest can be motivated by the fact that you are thinking about buying a car and are looking for a suitable model.
Social media statuses can be your weapon in attracting male attention. You can write something funny or, on the contrary, serious, depending on your character and life values.
If you can’t come up with anything yourself, search the Internet for a suitable status, aphorism or quote. Re-read your favorite book, suddenly it contains those words that you will like.
Online dating is now popular due to busyness, lack of personal time, inability to get acquainted in reality, and in some cases even because of laziness. But, even communicating in the virtual world, you need to be able to maintain a conversation. The same problem that accompanies many first dates can arise, when there are not enough interesting questions to maintain a rich dialogue.
The solution is simple: ask the man what you really want to know. Show genuine interest and don’t hide your emotions.
Here are a few questions to a man that you can ask when meeting by correspondence:
- “Why did you choose this photo for your profile picture?”
- “How wonderful that you can meet such a spectacular man here. What attracts you to this site?”
- “Are you really trying to find a girl for a serious relationship on this portal?”.
Some guys might be put off by your questions and won’t answer you. Do not be discouraged, it means that these people are not on the same path with you.
If you are modest and looking for the same man, then avoid spicy and frank questions. In a conversation, admit to a young person that you are embarrassed. By your directness you can win him over.
In any case, speak kindly, positively. You can directly say about your sympathy and offer to meet. No one will judge you, and you will know that you have done everything possible to win the young man you like.
Here are some interesting questions for a man to communicate on a dating site:
- I sent you a song, did you like it? How do you feel when listening to her?
- Have you met online before?
- Do you often have dreams? Tell me what was your last dream?
- Do you know your body mass index?
- Tell us about the last film that impressed you the most.
- What qualities do you value most in a woman?
- Do you have enough time to get everything done in one day?
- How do you feel about internet addiction?
- What is the one thing you can’t forgive?
- Are you a gambler?
- Do you believe in the existence of psychics?
- Have you had any funny situations when meeting on the Internet?
- What can you do better than other people?
- Did your teachers praise you at school?
- What do you like to do when it rains?
- Do you like to collect anything?
- What places or establishments do you like in the city?
- How do you feel about bad habits?
- In women, do you value assertiveness or tenderness?
- Can another person cheer you up?
- Do you believe that dreams can come true?
- What do you do when you have free time?
- What activities give you positive emotions?
- Can you compare yourself to some animal?
- What do you like more: meat or sweets?
Since you are getting to know a man in order to build a serious relationship, it is useful to ask questions that will reveal his life values, character traits, tastes and hobbies. Already by the choice of a guy between hockey or curling, mountain biking or burning out, steak or pudding, you can judge his temperament.
It would not hurt to check the young man for a sense of humor. If you decide to arrange such a test, we offer some interesting questions for a man that you can ask for dating and have fun at the same time:
- Have you ever been in a funny situation in front of a large crowd of people?
- What was your nickname at school?
- Have you ever danced a striptease?
- If you were a vegetable, what would you be?
- In what costumes did you perform at matinees as a child?
- What did you dream of being when you were five years old?
- Do you have a favorite joke?
- Have you ever gone to a speech therapist?
- Did your mom tell you what funny words you used to say when you were little?
- Were you scared as a child by a boogieman?
- Until what age did you suckle a pacifier and go to the potty?
When communicating on provocative topics, do not lose tact, make sure that the interlocutor is psychologically comfortable. After all, any careless or rude word can scare a man away. Do not abuse jokes and ridicule, because in the early stages of dating you do not know how the person you are talking to treats them.
Here are some tips on how to strike up a conversation on a dating site or social network:
- Provoke a man to talk, be active.
- Don’t overuse questions so you don’t feel like you’re being interrogated.
- Give the interlocutor time to answer in detail, to express his opinion. Do not rush and do not interrupt, do not impose your point of view.
- Remember what you are asking and the other person’s answers. It will be embarrassing if you ask the same question several times. Do not bring up topics in a conversation that a man avoids.
- Learn to communicate with more than just questions. Include reflections, stories, exchange of opinions in the conversation. If the interlocutor does not understand why you asked this or that question, give an explanation of what specifically interests you and why.
- Try not to use diminutive forms of words, such as “deeds”, “money”, “holidays”, otherwise your speech will sound infantile.
- Be sincere. If you get bored with a gentleman, he will immediately feel it. On the other hand, a man will appreciate your attention and genuine interest, and the chances of continuing the relationship will increase many times over.
Questions to a man when meeting, which you should never ask
Guys often complain that they don’t understand women. There are questions that, when meeting, confuse men:
- Do you think we can be a good couple?
- Am I attractive to you?
- Do you think we’re sexually compatible?
- Can you imagine the situation that I am your wife?
- Do you like it if your girlfriend earns more than you?
- Could you take money from your beloved?
- If a woman offered to go on vacation at her expense, would you agree?
- Are you a powerful person?
- Do you like women who command men?
- Could you get a second job if the family did not have enough money?
- Do you remember what you spent your first paycheck on?
- What do you remember from your childhood?
- Are you good with children?
- Can you cook?
- What kind of person do you see yourself in forty years?
- Do you like to take care of yourself or are you used to it when others do it?
- Does your wardrobe change frequently?
- How much money do you spend per month?
- What dreams did you have as a child?
- Have you ever had an imaginary friend?
- Did you have many toys as a child?
- What time you wake up?
People rarely answer questions like this with the truth or laugh it off because they are too intimate.
It is better not to ask a man about some things at first, so as not to embarrass him and not show himself as an impolite and tactless person. There are several rules on this topic:
- When meeting a man, refuse questions that you yourself are not ready to answer. So you will not get into an awkward position if the gentleman asks your opinion on this topic.
- Refrain from questions that look like tasks from exam papers, for example: “Do you like Leo Tolstoy’s novel War and Peace? And what was the name of Bolkonsky’s horse?
- Do not discuss a man’s breakup with his ex-girlfriend or wife, and do not ask how many children he wants to have. Wait until the guy decides to talk about it himself.
- Do not ask about earnings, amounts in the account and property in the property. If you can’t contain your curiosity, then formulate questions in an indirect form, for example: “Can you live a year without working?”, “Would you like to give your mother a trip around the world for her anniversary?”.
- It is necessary to observe the utmost tact and caution in discussing topics such as politics, religion, nationality and social activity. One careless word can offend a person and destroy the emerging trust.
What other questions should not be asked on a dating site for a man? Here are some examples:
- How many girls did you have?
- Do you like children?
- What brand of car do you have?
- How many rooms are there in your apartment?
- When did you last have sex?
- How do you feel about masturbation?
- Who do you think should be the head of the family?
- Are you good at kissing?
- What is the most important thing for you in a relationship?
- Do you enjoy watching intimacy between two girls?
- What is your salary?
- What style of clothing do you prefer?
- Do you like to give girls jewelry?
- What are your requirements for a future wife?
- What gifts do you like to give ladies?
- What are you panning for the near future?
- At what age did you have your first sex and with whom?
- Do you like to watch erotic or pornographic films?
- What is your attitude to consultations with a psychotherapist?
- What do I need to do to win your heart?
- Are you going to marry me?
- Do you have an Apple smartphone?
- What do you dream about when you take a bath?
- What is your favorite position in sex?
- What do you think about intimacy on a first date?
- Do you want to fall in love?
- Do you remember your first love?
- Do you keep in touch with your former partners?
If you dare to ask such questions, the man may have a wrong opinion about you. For example, he will decide that you are only interested in money or that you are horny. However, many women may object and say that some of the above remarks are quite innocent and suitable for discussion. Let’s take a closer look at what questions a man should not ask when meeting on social networks and why:
What is your car?
This is a question from the category “tell me, how much do you earn?” or “show how cool you are.” A conversation on this topic irritates every man and makes the lady suspect of commercialism. Not to mention the fact that now such a question is, in principle, not relevant, because any car can be bought on credit.
It is better not to discuss the topic of material well-being directly. If you are itching to find out what kind of car a gentleman has, try asking which model is better to buy, what he can advise, which brands he considers reliable, adequate in price and inexpensive to maintain. But remember that a man can guess what you are getting at, and the opinion of you will still be spoiled.
Where will you take me?
Such a question may imply that the place of the meeting is more important to you, and not the person himself. If you read the rating of the TOP 10 restaurants in the city in a fashion magazine, this does not mean that a man is obliged to take you to one of these establishments. And it’s not that he feels sorry for the money. A young person may have his own tastes, preferences and favorite places.
What do you do for a living?
Men do not like to discuss this topic, because it gives an idea of their material well-being. If you are looking for a direction for a conversation, then ask what education the young man has and in what area he works, but do not specify the position and name of the company. Perhaps, in a further conversation, he himself will tell you about his professional duties, but this will be his decision, and not your initiative.
Where do you live?
Hearing such a question, a man may think that your interest is in the long run and you want to move in with him. And if you start asking about the area of the apartment and the number of registered tenants, you will get the impression that you are either a realtor or looking for a fiance with real estate. To begin with, you can clarify in which area the man lives or in what type of residential building, and share your funny stories from life in Khrushchev.
What happened to your ex?
It is better not to ask a man such a question when meeting. Firstly, it is too personal to be discussed at the first stages of communication. Secondly, you can touch a sore spot in a man’s soul with a careless word, and he will close, cease to be sincere. Thirdly, you can provoke a confession from a gentleman with your question, from which you suddenly find out that he is still in love with his ex. This turn of events is not at all desirable, so it’s better not to wake up famously and not touch on sensitive topics. In addition, you can easily enter the role of a psychologist and try to console a man, but he should see you not as a vest for a splash of emotions, but as a woman who is worthy of love and respect.
What do you dream about? What do you see as the meaning of your life? What are you striving for?
Such questions are more suitable for a female meeting than for a first date with a gentleman. Men are arranged in such a way that they do not dream, do not philosophize and do not rant on abstract topics, but set a goal and achieve it. Discussing the meaning of life can unsettle anyone. Not all people think about such things and not everyone likes to discuss them. Therefore, do not try to impress a young man with high talk; with your behavior, you can either amuse him or scare him away.
What is your dream girl?
Psychologists say that fantasies have nothing to do with real life. Love arises first on a subconscious level, and then a person comprehends it. And you can have the image of an ideal girl, but not the fact that the second half will match him. Plus, tastes change. Today, in fantasy, a man represents a burning brunette, tomorrow – a dazzling blonde. And only a real feeling holds people together forever, regardless of dreams and illusory images.
Do you want a child?
It seems that you, asking this question, are ready to immediately get married and have children. A man can regard this as pressure on himself and the seizure of his personal territory. Not to mention that many young people are generally intimidated by questions about children. Why rush things in such a hurry and figure out plans for the distant future when you just met? Live in the present and enjoy being with a man. And if it so happens that you fall in love with each other, then it will be possible to talk about children.
Yes, there are many restrictions. So what is there to talk about then? What questions can you ask a man when meeting? Support any neutral themes. It is not necessary to discuss each other’s daily life. Discuss an interesting movie, tell a funny story that happened to you on the way to the store.
People like casual, light, lively conversations, preferably flavored with a fair amount of humor.
Even from conversations on abstract topics, you can learn a lot about a person. You will immediately understand whether you have common interests, whether your points of view converge on some problem. You will feel the character and temperament of a man and will be able to decide whether to continue communicating with him or not.
Thank you for reading this article to the end